Welcome!

"Come now my child, if we were planning to harm you, do you think we'd be lurking here beside the path in the very darkest part of the forest..." - Kenneth Patchen, "Even So."


THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT STORIES AND STORYTELLING; some are true, some are false, and some are a matter of perspective. Herein the brave traveller shall find dark musings on horror, explorations of the occult, and wild flights of fantasy.

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

CHAOSIUM CON AUSTRALIA 2024 - SEE YOU THERE!

 Chaosium Con Australia 2024 is right around the corner, and I will be there next week. 


On my end I will be doing three seminars:

“Bringing RQ to Life” focuses on the small details and ‘daily life’ elements you can sprinkle into games to make them feel more organic to players. 

“Writing for the Jonstown Compendium” is pretty much what it sounds like. My (hard won) experience turned into short cuts, tips, and advice…but also WHY you should consider doing it.

“Scoping Out Long Form Campaigns” is about choosing and running long campaigns. It’s hard enough running a couple of scenarios, but campaigns come with challenges. Over the last 40 years I’ve run The Great Pendragon campaign twice, Masks of Nyarlathotep three times, and my own “Six Seasons” campaign is pretty darn long. I will be talking about all of them and how to make running them easier. 

On top of that I will be doing a book signing and running two games! “The Turning” is the final chapter of “Six Seasons in Sartar” and “The Hanging Tree” is the penultimate episode of the (yet unpublished) “Final Riddle.”

I will be writing blog posts about the three seminars after the fact for those who can't back it down there. Keep your eyes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment